A yummy, and healthy, addition to any breakfast. I've been making this for so long I've forgotten where I got the recipe from. Really, I don't even follow a recipe anymore. I just throw a little of this and that with some Spirulina
The green algae is what makes the smoothie, well green, and packs a huge nutritional punch.
- 1cuppineapple juice (I use Lakewood's Pure Pineapple Fresh Pressed, expensive but worth it)
- 1cupfortified vanilla soymilk or other nondairy milk like coconut milk
- 10frozen peach slices
- 1/4cupcherries or raspberries
- 2teaspoonsMaple syrup or some sort of sweetner (optional)
- iceas needed, to chill and thicken
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend at high speed until smooth, stopping the blender occasionally to move the unblended fruit to the center with a spatula. Strawberry garnish.
If you'd like to share recipes with me sign up for Plan to Eat. A sweet (pun intended) site for your recipes. It also has a calendar to plan meals. From your meal plan on the calendar it automatically generates a shopping list. Genius. Check it out here.