This recipe is not healthy, but it's tasty and easy to make. I can't believe I'm confessing to eating this last night after I just finished watching Food Matters. Which I recommend you check out this amazing and informative documentary if you haven't already seen it. It reminded me why eating healthy, even a raw diet is so important. However, nothing about last nights meal was raw.
Anyway, back to the main course. The rock star ingredient is FriChick. It comes in a can and is basically a vegetable protein chicken substitute. You just have to taste it, it's hard to describe.
The recipe is from Shirley Beary who is a friend of my mother-in-law.
- 2 small cans FriChick, torn in pieces
- 6 slices soft bread, cubed
- 1/2 c. chopped onion (I love onions and put in 3/4 c.)
- 1 c. mayonnaise (I used Vegenaise)
- 1/4 c. oil (Use a little less, 1/8 c.)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Chicken seasoning
- 1/2 c. canned milk
MIX well and place in a csserole dish. POUR canned milk over the casserole. SPRINKLE cornflakes on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 min.
Yummy crunchy-ness in a pan. Hope you like. Let me know what you think in the comments.